2017 Agriculture Trade Mission to Uganda:
Harvesting Growth in the Heartland of East Africa!
The U.S. Embassy in partnership with the American Chamber of Commerce of Uganda will host an Agriculture Trade Mission on in Kampala, Uganda. This three-day event will link U.S. agribusinesses and investors with their Ugandan counterparts. The Agriculture Trade Mission will showcase U.S. agricultural inputs, as well as irrigation, harvesting, processing, and storage solutions.
We wish to thank our sponsors, whose support was invaluable to the successful event. Please find their logos blow, as well as links to their websites.
With the right partners, Uganda offers U.S. agribusinesses and investors unique opportunities:
· As a member of the East Africa Community, Uganda provides access to more than 150 million potential consumers throughout East Africa, one of the fastest growing economic regions in the world.
· Despite providing a quarter of Uganda’s GDP, agriculture remains undercapitalized and ready to benefit from the technology and high-quality agricultural inputs that the United States can offer.
· Uganda’s ideal climate allows for multiple growing seasons per year for high value commodities.
· Uganda is the largest coffee exporter in Africa and the eighth largest coffee producer in the world.
Trade Mission Agenda
Day 1: Meetings with Government of Uganda, the East African Trade & Investment Hub, and Interactive webinar with U.S Government Officials.
· Introduce you to Ugandan Government agencies responsible for foreign investment, agriculture, trade, and taxation.
· Learn about the Hub’s African Growth and Opportunity Act Strategy
· Learn how the U.S. government can help protect your investments overseas.
· Cocktail Reception at the U.S. Ambassador’s Residence.
Day 2: Trade Mission Plenary and Business Matchmaking
· Identify business opportunities through networking and one-on-one matchmaking between U.S. and Ugandan businesses, investors, and financial institutions.
· In-depth discussion on how to engage in profitable business ventures in Uganda.
· Business Networking Cocktail Reception at Protea Hotel.
Day 3: AmCham Sponsored Networking Event + Agribusiness Tour
· Learn how the American Chamber of Commerce of Uganda can help your business thrive.
· Take a tour of a successful agribusiness operation.
Registration is now closed for this event.